Andrew Blake, Professor of Media and Cultural Studies, is the Associate Head of the School of Social Sciences, Media and Cultural Studies at the University of East London.
Professor Blake is a widely published international author of several important studies including
- Reading Victorian Fiction, 1989 (Macmillan);
- The Land Without Music. Music, Culture and Society in Twentieth Century Britain, 1997 (Manchester University Press)'
- J.R.R. Tolkien. A Beginner's Guide, 2002 (Hodder & Stoughton);
- The Irresistible Rise of Harry Potter, 2002 (Verso);
- Popular Music: The Age of Multimedia, 2007 (Popular Culture).